PowerPoint is a "presentation
graphics" program. It is used to visually provide information to a
group of people - not just one person sitting in front of a computer.
Color combinations and font size must make the slides easily read from a
- Use a new PowerPoint slide with the
layout that has a title block and a blank page.
- Title this slide as "The 7
- Paste this Periodic
Table onto the slide.
- Put a size 4 green line around the
box on the table containing each of the diatomic molecules.
- Use a second PowerPoint slide with the
same layout as #1.
- Title this slide as "Ionic
- Use PowerPoint tools to draw a
Bohr model of a hydrogen atom on the left of the slide and a
Bohr model of a chlorine atom on the right.
- Duplicate this slide. Then use
motion on the new slide to show what happens to the electron of
the hydrogen atom when the compound HCl is formed.