Lewotobi, Egon, Ilimuda, and Lereboleng, Flores Islands, Indonesia
- Lewotobi, Flores Islands, Indonesia
- Lewotobi is a stratovolcano with at least
19 historic eruptions between 1675 and 1991. Most eruptions are from
the Lewotobi Lakilaki vent. Only two eruptions have been from the Lewotobi
Perempuan vent. Most eruptions are explosive and moderate to moderate
large (VEI=2-3) in size. Eruptions in 1869 and 1907 caused a total of
three fatalities. Space shuttle photo STS060-0106-0008.
July 1, 1999
- On 1 July 1999, the Mount Lewotobi Volcano
sent up a plume of ash and volcanic debris. No injuries were reported.
- Egon, Flores Islands, Indonesia
- Egon is a stratovolcano with a single
confirmed eruption in 1907. An eruption from 1888-1889 is reported but
- Ilimuda, Flores Islands, Indonesia
- Ilimuda is a stratovolcano with no historic
eruptions. Fumaroles are present on the volcano.
- Lereboleng, Flores Islands, Indonesia
- Lereboleng, a complex volcano, erupted
from the Burak vent in 1873, 1876, and 1881.